Wednesday 27 July 2011

Learning how to be British...

With Alison's newly established British citizenship and London being Laura Grace's home base for the summer...we decided it was important that we learn the ins and outs of being a proper English resident.

Do Not: Take the typical tourist picture.


Do: Wear fascinators to British weddings.



Do: Explore the English countryside.






Do: Wear Wellington (Wellie) boots whenever the opportunity arrises. 




Do: Make time for cream tea in quaint gardens. 




 Do: Pick berries in the south of England. 


Do: Practice & Perfect the Lingo of the Brits.


Specs: "O darling, would you be so kind to hand me my specs" = glasses
Tip: "I'll tip you out by the door of the restaurant" = drop you off
Spend a penny: "I am going to spend a penny" = going to the bathroom
Crackers: "Eleanor goes crackers over that place" = excited,crazy
Cheeky: "That driver is being so cheeky!" = naughty


1 comment:

  1. Very good! I'm learning some new things myself...;-)

    ReplyDelete